Frequently Asked Questions
Start here for answers to your questions but do not hesitate to contact us.
Swiss MOOC Service is build on top of SWITCHEngines infrastructure which is a federal collaborative hosting service for higher education institutions in Switzerland.
Your data – and your learners’ – is therefore always secure and protected by strict Swiss data protection laws, some of the highest standards in the world.
Swiss MOOC Service offers all the standard features of Open edX in addition to several new features our team has developed including:
- Data Scientific approach to analytics on learner performance
- Shared and co-branded catalog with all participating universities
- Search engine with various novel taxonomy approaches
- Jupyter Notebooks for Python development
About Swiss MOOC Service
Currently a total of 70 courses are foreseen to be added to the catalog in the coming months from the following partners:
- EPFL with 41 courses via http://courseware.epfl.ch
- ETH with 12 courses (4 available, 8 planned) under http://online.ethz.ch
- UNIGE with 7 courses (3 available, 4 planned) at https://swissmoocs.unige.ch/
- USI with 3 courses on https://mooc.usi.ch/
- ZHAW with 2 courses on https://moocs.zhaw.ch/
- HES-SO with 1 course on https://swissmoocs.hes-so.ch/
- FFHS with 2 courses (1 available, 1 planned) on https://ffhs-mooc.ch/
- UZH with 6 courses (2 available, 4 planned) on https://edu-exchange.uzh.ch
Open edX documentation
Yes, we can help from giving best practices advice, to specifying and installing a micro studio using iPads and iPhones to specifying and implementing a full studio.
We can also help by having your team on EPFL’s campus and use our existing infrastructure. Please use the contact form for more information.
See more here – MOOC Production.